Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2024 at 3:40 PM
From: "'Carvalho' via Goa-Research-Net" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
To: "Goa-Research-Net" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [GRN] Caneco does anyone know what this translates to
Dear members,

I have for many years been trying to find out the exact meaning of this slur that was used for Goans by the Portuguese 'caneco.' About a decade ago we had an interesting discussion on Goanet about this but nothing conclusive was arrived at. The word itself means mug, but how and why was it used as a slur.

Any imput appreciated.
Thank you,
selma