Hi Jeff,

On 25 Okt., 00:40, Jeff S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The average CPU per request numbers on the dashboard are composed of
> CPU used in executing your code (runtime) and API calls (datastore,
> urlfetch, image API, etc). When these numbers are high it can indicate
> that app resource usage may be inefficient in some areas, so it pays
> to track down the cause.

The runtime code is definitely not our problem. It's the datastore
(put() in particular). Could SearchableModel cause high-CPU warnings
because it requires a lot of index entries? I'm a little bit confused
about how quickly index entries consume my CPU and whether my app will
get shut down because of this. For example, if there are 50 entries in
the list then could that add up to something like 10000mcycles?

How are we supposed to work with list properties if they kill our app
even with just a few entries? I thought that if 5000 index entries per
entity is the limit then we can easily work with, say, 3000 index
entries. Is that not the case? Will that change if we pay for the
service?

If datastore write operations consume mcycles like crazy then do you
also expect us to pay like crazy for commercial accounts, too?

How quickly should a transaction finish in order to not cause a CPU
warning if it only does one single get() and put()?

If a list property has existing index entries (because the entity got
put()) and I add a one entry to the list property will this consume
more CPU than if the list were empty? How much (an example would be
nice)?

Thank you.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald