Based on my own experience and what I have read here the past 18
months I recently published this:

"Is GAE ready for prime time?" at http://www.gae123.com/articles/gaerd/

Read it and let me know if I miss soemthing major or I am overstating
something with direct e-mail.

Thanks

PS The instability/lack of feature parity between "remote API" and the
rest is about to be added to my list....