Agreed. I would argue however that the same economics affecting our
situation affect Google. Whether an SLA is in place or not, if App
Engine gets a reputation for being down all the time, an SLA will
hardly matter.

As for my issue, as a person who runs (I'm guessing) a high-volume
site (approaching 100 hits per second), I always am hamstrung by the
short lifespan of logs. But since I do not think that is a specific
issue tracker issue I will address it in a separate post. I stopped
caring about the issue tracker when a patch I submitted to the SDK
wasn't even acknowledged (love it/hate it?) for 6 months :(