> it would be nice to have J2CL released separately as soon as it is ready

I still don't get why the development of J2CL / GWT 3 cannot be done openly
like any other open source project.
Why this secrecy is necessary.

This kind of project management type is very unusual in case of open source
projects
It will make many people to stay away from the project and to switch to
(even worse) alternatives :(

--
Norbi