Thanks for writing a very balanced and clear-headed response.

> code is, how much easier would it be for you to have done it in
> JQuery?

Well, I'm about to find out empirically. I'm not sure -- it might end
up being a draw for my particular application -- but it will at least
be a learning experience. I'll try to remember to keep track of my
impressions and post them for others to benefit.

Adam