*If one doesn't know any thing at all about  the 60 year old
Kashmir  problem  there are chances that one is an Islamophobe... If one
doesn't talk about cast violence at all one might be part of that violence
as well.. *

i was questioning this:

the more knowledge and active participation in discussions won't grant a
position to one to blame others for the their silence or ignorance.

Ahmed

*

*

On 5/5/08, ranju radha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i feel
> it is not the question of how better one is placed or not.
> attempt to initiate a debate on an issue need not be curbed by branding it
> asa blame
> by raising the issue of silence of mainstream discourse one is
> critically/politically particiapting/initiating a debate.
> blame it or not it is through blame that it develops...thgh onr cannot
> escape the blame of being blmng!
>

> On 5/5/08, ahmed rafeek j <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > discourses determine one's position. not the opposite. we all, like
> > those who are having no knowledge on  kashmir, caste system and etc,
> > are forced to take part in the same power mechanism of discourse.
> >
> > more dissident knowledge and active participation in greenyouth
> > discussion won't deconstitute one's 'self'. nor do the silence. nobody
> > is having the benevolence of granted space free from power mechanism
> > in the name of her pro-kashmir/ pro-dalit stand.
> >
> > i dont consider myself any way better based on my 'enlightened'
> > position on kashmir or dalit issues than my many friends who are less/
> > not enlightened, unless i am actively participated in any poltical
> > struggle that might destabilize my 'self' that constituted by the
> > power structure.
> >
> > so, think think n think before u blame others for their silence and
> > lack of knowledge.
> >
> > Ahmed
> >

> > On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Bobby Kunhu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > There is absolutely no exhortation on anyone to comment on anything.
> > > All that I personally implied is that only people who are on the
giving
> end
> > > of the hegemonic spectrum usually afford silences. There are many who
> claim
> > > based on their experience (including the Govt of India at WCAR in
Durban