There is absolutely no exhortation on anyone to comment on anything.
All that I personally implied is that only people who are on the giving end
of the hegemonic spectrum usually afford silences. There are many who
claim based on their experience (including the Govt of India at WCAR in
Durban and afterwards too), that India pro-actively indulges in dalits and
muslims (the anti-reservation scenes). These so-called "indulgences" at
times though are well-intentioned are evidence of the structural violencee,
(e.g- your addressing Afthab as Sahib based on a presumption because his
name is Afthab). There are others who claim that caste, communal, gender or
other hegemonies do not exist in their lives. Then there are others who are
silent!!!!
There is a huge difference between violence perpetrated within a power
matrix by people at different ends of the matrix - this is why for instance
in criminal jurisprudence constitutional sagfeguards are given to the
accused, however horrendous the society may percieve the crime to be -
because of the power differential between an individual and the state. In
that vein, there is a difference between RSS exhortation on Muslims to prove
their patriotism and this thread on "silences"
I think its time for me to remain silent now and let others comment
Best

--
Bobby Kunhu