Hi,

just reading your draft, a few remarks, speaking as a private internet citizen:

"If a route server client announces a prefix tagged with both the
  NO_EXPORT and NO_EXPORT_VIA_RS communities to a route server, the
  route server MUST ignore the NO_EXPORT community,"

--> that means that NO_EXPORT_VIA_RS is "stronger" then NO_EXPORT and actually
changes the meaning of NO_EXPORT.
I know that users make stupid mistakes and this should perhaps cover the
mistake of setting both, but IMHO with NO_EXPORT being much older and really
well understood and used, I think NO_EXPORT should take precedence.

(IMHO NO_EXPORT should be interpreted, and never passed through, independent of
a router or a route server is used)

My first idea when reading this was why not make it general, why limit the
community to route servers and not have a "SET_NO_EXPORT" community which
directs the next hop AS to set NO_EXPORT?
( I already sent this email to Nick and his answer that its limited to RS
because otherwise some kind of TTL needs to be implemented makes sense)

cheers,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Tremmel

Phone +49 69 1730902 26 | Fax +49 69 4056 2716 | Mobile +49 171 8600 816 |
wolfgang.trem...@de-cix.net
Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa | Registergericht AG Köln HRB 51135
DE-CIX Management GmbH | Lindleystrasse 12 | 60314 Frankfurt am Main | Germany