Hi Axel,

Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> On 27.04.2010, at 18:08, Andy Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> I'm try to convert last package -- gstreamer.
>> I found gstreamer need MiniObject, it's need hacking TypeGen.hs to
>> generate MiniObject hierarchy.
>

> No it doesn't! But it needs to be run twice, once for the GObject
> based hierarchy and once for the Mini hierarchy. So Setup.hs needs
> changing.
>
>> Below is gsteamer package:
>>
>> <gstreamer.tar.gz>
>> Almost finish, i have finish gstreamer.cabal and necessary work
>> (such as LANGUAGE_CPP).
>> You just need make TypeGen.hs generate module
>> `Media.Streaming.GStreamer.Core.MiniHierarchy` and do "cabal install".
>>
>> Hope it will save your time.
>>
>> BTW, what's plan for "Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading" and
>> "Graphics.UI.Gtk.Types" ?
>> Expose those modules is simplest way, but i think you don't like
>> it. :)
>>

> Well, there is not the new Internal module. Instead of requesting (in
> each .cabal file) that Threading and Types should be forwarded, simply
> forward Internal. Then Internal will be imported and re-exported from
> each type module.
I see,
I have push new patches that add Threading in GtkInternals.chs

Before you test my Cabal patches you need pull that patch first.

> Instead of sending me .tgz files, could you record your changes (one
> package at a time!) and mail those patches to the mailing? Then it's
> easier for me to see what has changed and I can apply your patches
> right away.
Ok, i have send patches to mailing, those patches including below
packages:

     gconf, gio, glade, gnomevfs, gtkglext, gtksourceview2, soegtk, svgcairo,
     vte, webkit.

I haven't add any new functions in those packages, except gio.

I add below functions `fileHasParent` and `fileQueryFileType`.
Please check it.
I have stop gio update, i won't send gio patches before we review Gtk+ 2.18
completely.

Another adjustment in gio package is, i found all gio modules in *one*
directory, so
i add some sub-directories same as "GIO Reference Manual" for future update.

I have move some demo from main repo to non-core package. (vte, webkit)
I hope we can split non-core demo out from main repo.

BTW, after you apply those patches, we need split those non-core package
immediately?

Cheers,

  -- Andy