On 27.04.2010, at 18:08, Andy Stewart wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> I'm try to convert last package -- gstreamer.
> I found gstreamer need MiniObject, it's need hacking TypeGen.hs to
> generate MiniObject hierarchy.

No it doesn't! But it needs to be run twice, once for the GObject
based hierarchy and once for the Mini hierarchy. So Setup.hs needs
changing.

> Below is gsteamer package:
>
> <gstreamer.tar.gz>
> Almost finish, i have finish gstreamer.cabal and necessary work
> (such as LANGUAGE_CPP).
> You just need make TypeGen.hs generate module
> `Media.Streaming.GStreamer.Core.MiniHierarchy` and do "cabal install".
>
> Hope it will save your time.
>
> BTW, what's plan for "Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading" and
> "Graphics.UI.Gtk.Types" ?
> Expose those modules is simplest way, but i think you don't like
> it. :)

Well, there is not the new Internal module. Instead of requesting (in
each .cabal file) that Threading and Types should be forwarded, simply
forward Internal. Then Internal will be imported and re-exported from
each type module.

Instead of sending me .tgz files, could you record your changes (one
package at a time!) and mail those patches to the mailing? Then it's
easier for me to see what has changed and I can apply your patches
right away.

Thanks,
Axel.