Hi Axel,

Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> On 27.04.2010, at 18:08, Andy Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> I'm try to convert last package -- gstreamer.
>> I found gstreamer need MiniObject, it's need hacking TypeGen.hs to
>> generate MiniObject hierarchy.
>

> No it doesn't! But it needs to be run twice, once for the GObject
> based hierarchy and once for the Mini hierarchy. So Setup.hs needs
> changing.
>
>> Below is gsteamer package:
>>
>> <gstreamer.tar.gz>
>> Almost finish, i have finish gstreamer.cabal and necessary work
>> (such as LANGUAGE_CPP).
>> You just need make TypeGen.hs generate module
>> `Media.Streaming.GStreamer.Core.MiniHierarchy` and do "cabal install".
>>
>> Hope it will save your time.
>>
>> BTW, what's plan for "Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading" and
>> "Graphics.UI.Gtk.Types" ?
>> Expose those modules is simplest way, but i think you don't like
>> it. :)
>>

> Well, there is not the new Internal module. Instead of requesting (in
> each .cabal file) that Threading and Types should be forwarded, simply
> forward Internal. Then Internal will be imported and re-exported from
> each type module.
I have test, and found new error:

------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring gtk-0.10.5...
Preprocessing library gtk-0.10.5...
Building gtk-0.10.5...
Module imports form a cycle for modules:
  Graphics.UI.Gtk.Abstract.Object
(dist/build/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Abstract/Object.hs)
    imports: Graphics.UI.Gtk.Signals
  Graphics.UI.Gtk.Signals (dist/build/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Signals.hs)
    imports: Graphics.UI.GtkInternals
  Graphics.UI.GtkInternals (dist/build/Graphics/UI/GtkInternals.hs)
    imports: Graphics.UI.Gtk.Multiline.Types
  Graphics.UI.Gtk.Multiline.Types
(dist/build/Graphics/UI/Gtk/Multiline/Types.hs)
    imports: Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Structs
  Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Structs
(dist/build/Graphics/UI/Gtk/General/Structs.hs)
    imports: Graphics.UI.Gtk.Abstract.Object
gtk-0.10.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1
------------------------------> error end   <------------------------------

Above error casuse i modified Signal.chs.template to make Signal.chs import
`Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading`.

So put "Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading" in GtkInternals is not good
idea, and cycle problem in GHC is *big* trouble.

So can we just simple expose module `Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading`
for Signal.chs? And write notes "don't use Graphics.UI.Gtk.General.Threading
module".

Just set "x-Types-Forward: *Graphics.UI.GtkInternals" let Types.chs use
GtkInternal.

What do you think?

  -- Andy