Hi all,

I agree with both sides heere.

First, I am not offended and Aaron is right and I can dish it out some times and I can take it.

I also gree with Steve when it comes to answers like the one Aaron gave are just not that helpful.

I also understand that GW doesn't want to promise things they can't deliver.

I do agree with the logic to not release software until it's ready.

But, -this browse mode update is so needed and it's hard to even do ones job with it is as it currently stands.

I do radio shows and so often have several windows open ... ie browse windows / pdf browse windows and outlook express browse windows open at the same time. since I am on the air I need to toggle back and forth between them and keep my place in all of them. When I keep going to the top or have speech just stop it's a killer! and the radio shows suffer while I try to get we back on track.

This may give all on the list some of the reasons why I push so hard for the things I do.
I dont' mean to just cause trouble or complain.

I asked about browse mode supporting multipal windows a long time ago and was told it was in the works.
I am still told the same thing but, no eta and no hope for one.

I understand that so many of us want and need different features in the software yesterday to do our jobs etc.
I also understand that they can't do every thing at once.
I also respect GW's right with their software to decide what is next based on there feedback etc.

However, since we are talking about people doing there jobs ... It's my job to stay employed and support my family. To do this most effectively ... I need to not loose speech and to have browse mode work.

So, I will keep talking about these issues and ask in in advance for your patience and understanding.

I personally think there is a way to have a meeting of the minds here and help us get our points accross to GW and have them share more info with us so we feel like we are heard and so we feel that we have a general understanding on what is to come and generally when ... any ideas?

On another note:

Aaron is there any way for us to get a better handle on timing for browse mode stuff? Is there a way to make any progress on this from our end meaning the gw customers?

This is truly important to many of us and I personally don't know how to get this accross in a way that will make a difference.

I currently feel this is one of the most important issues we are facing but, I don't think GW and lots of us are on the same page when it comes to browse mode.
We have ITtunes but, not updated browse mode to make the point.
I know many of us depend on browse mode to do their jobs but, I haven't ran accross any one who will loose there job with out ITunes.

thanks for listening.
Sam

---- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Smith" <[email protected]>
To: "Steve Faulkner" <[email protected]>
Cc: "'Sam bushman'" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: window eyes support for HTML 5 canvas element


Steve,

If you're new to the list, and haven't been involved in some of the healthy and passionate discussions we have around here, it's easy to think that I come across insulting and arrogant (and I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I am the best of both). But we have a very open and trustworthy relationship with our customers here at GW Micro, and I don't think any of them were offended by my statement, especially Sam. He can take it just as well as he can dish it out.

We get a little heated around here when we have to repeat the same things over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, and at some point, our human side wins out over our professional side. We're just people too.

Your comments, however, are appreciated. People are most certainly free to choose whatever screen reader they want. We know the power the goes into Window-Eyes, and we'll back that any day.

Aaron

On 5/28/2009 9:05 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
Hi aaron,
You wrote:
" Here's a firm commitment, guarantee, absolute fool-proof, official
statement that you can take to the bank: we'll do it when we're ready."

This I found to be a rather insulting and arrogant tone to take with your customers.

I suggest that Window Eyes users should try NVDA http://www.nvda-project.org/ the free open source screen reader for windows, the people who develop it are open to requests and very helpful.

Regards
Steve faulkner
-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Smith [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 28 May 2009 13:45
To: Sam bushman
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: window eyes support for HTML 5 canvas element

We stated long ago that the Browse Mode upgrade we hoped to provide in
7.1 would have to wait until after 7.1 ships, otherwise the 7.1 release
date would be pushed back even further. Imagine all the urgent emails
you'd have to write if that happened.

Here's a firm commitment, guarantee, absolute fool-proof, official
statement that you can take to the bank: we'll do it when we're ready.

Aaron

On 5/28/2009 8:33 AM, Sam bushman wrote:
I understand but, we have heard that an upgrade to browse mode is in the
works for how many versions now?
Will we ever get a firm commitment on this before it's available?
Sam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Smith"<[email protected]>
Cc:<[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: window eyes support for HTML 5 canvas element


If you don't mean to complain, then you wouldn't have hit send.<grin>

We've covered this over, and over. 7.1 will include a number of
enhancements, such as 64-bit support, Windows 7 support (both 32 and
64-bit), numerous Braille and Scripting enhancements, and more.

We've also stated, on more than one occasion, that our Browse Mode
re-write will happen post 7.1, so my indication that support for HTML5
elements would be post 7.1 is nothing new to what we've already
indicated.

Aaron

On 5/28/2009 8:19 AM, Sam bushman wrote:
Hi All,

I don't mean to complain here but, it is starting to seem like every
thing is post 7.1.
What will actually be in the 7.1 release?
Can we get a preview?
Sam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Smith"<[email protected]>
To: "Steve Faulkner"<[email protected]>
Cc:<[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: window eyes support for HTML 5 canvas element


Post 7.1, most likely.

Aaron

On 5/28/2009 7:46 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
Are there any plans to provide access to the fallback content of the
new HTML5<canvas>  element.
<canvas>  fallback content</canvas>
Currently while the fallback content is available in the DOM it is
not announced by Window Eyes


with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe
Director - Web Accessibility Tools Consortium

www.paciellogroup.com | www.wat-c.org
Web Accessibility Toolbar -
http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html




If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive
it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo,
and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body
of the message.

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all past
correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant information
pertinent to your situation when submitting a problem report to the GW
Micro Technical Support Team.

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608
WWW: http://www.gwmicro.com
FTP: ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com
Technical Support&  Web Development

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo,
and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the
message.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and
can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the
message.

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all past
correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant information
pertinent to your situation when submitting a problem report to the GW
Micro Technical Support Team.

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608
WWW: http://www.gwmicro.com
FTP: ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com
Technical Support&  Web Development

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo,
and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the
message.



--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all past
correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant information
pertinent to your situation when submitting a problem report to the GW
Micro Technical Support Team.

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608
WWW: http://www.gwmicro.com
FTP: ftp://ftp.gwmicro.com
Technical Support & Web Development

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.


If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original
sender only.  If your reply would benefit others on the list and
your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending
your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

All GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo, and can be 
searched through and sorted using the search
form at the bottom of the page.
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
[email protected] and include leave gw-info in the body of the message.

Reply via email to