So, can someone who went to KWCS in Kansas this weekend tell us how it
went?

--Robin

I went with Dawn, and I had a blast. I got to do Marc Carlson's shoe demo,
which was awesome. Not that I'll ever attempt to make a medieval shoe, mind
you, but his class was great and the shoes he had as examples were beautiful.
And now I know what grave wax is. :)

I took Kass McGann's German class, which was very entertaining and informative.
I'm a complete newbie to German clothes, so some of it was a little over my
head, but it was worthwhile anyway. And I absolutely couldn't believe it when
Dawn told me Kass had done all the cutwork on her costume by hand. Totally
droolworthy.

Later that afternoon I was in the other German class. I can't remember the
instructor's name but she said she used to be a member of this list. She
disagreed with some of Kass's conclusions, but she had several really cool
books to look at and reconstructions of her version of the famous Cranach
dress.

And finally, the pleatwork class was really great. She should write a book.
Someone on this list was asking about pleated smocks a few months ago --
something about the way the sleeves were placed so there wasn't a shoulder seam
but the torso part was pleated into the neck. Whoever that was, e-mail me, and
I'll give you the contact info for the teacher of this class, because she had
documentation of what you were talking about.

Tea Rose