On Oct 4, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Lavolta Press wrote:
Because I brought the analysis to the table, I said that it was the foundation of my example, and you're taking the lazy way out by not arguing on the points and positions.

Nope. It's quite as reasonable for me to run you around and waste your time--or rather, act as an e-list troll--and insist that unless you write little essays on the books that I assign YOU to read that you are taking the "easy way out," as for you to try that game on me. I've been a publishing professional, I've dealt with copyright professionally for over 23 years, and in my brother, I have a lawyer to consult close at hand. I don't need to "prove myself" to you.

I work for a university. We participated in the CSU-SUNY-CUNY Work Group on Ownership, Legal Rights of Use and Fair Use. I listen to our general counsel, who continues to update the work group's "Fair Use of Copyrighted Works: A Crucial Element in Educating America." I chose the UT website because it provides a more detailed explanation of the fair use test, but it's exactly the same fair use test that our general counsel provides to faculty
<http://www.calstate.edu/GC/Docs/Fair_Use.doc>.

andy