Lavolta Press wrote:
So, my first assignment for YOU is for YOU to go buy Richard Stim's _Getting Permissions: How to License & Clear Copyrighted Materials Online & Off._ It's readily available on the Nolo Press website, on Amazon.com, and probably in libraries. It contains an extensive discussion of this issue.

Stim's work is the second reference I cited. He's the author of the "Copyright and Fair Use Overview" section at the Stanford's Copyright and Fair Use project. _Getting Permissions_ forms the core of that section. If you were checking citations instead of just tossing them around, you would have figured that out. I even cited him in a way that was easy for all the folks attempting to follow this discussion to follow.

<http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/index.html>

So yes, reading Stim is valuable. I did.

andy