Aylwen Garden wrote:
Are there any modern patterns that can be recommended for Italian
Renaissance, with a few minor tweaks?
I am organising an Italian Renaissance Ball, and am advising others on what
patterns to use. Not all are prepared to order patterns from overseas.

I would suggest you look at Simplicity 3812 and 9531. Also McCall 5155.
There's also a free online instruction set, at http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rowen/renbk/rendressbook.html

I have this old copy of #41 and will be making version VI and the tabard. I
have located an online chemise pattern but am still to find a suitable
pattern for the under dress.

Use the bodice from View I of the PP#41 set, but cut the neckline so it will lay underneath your outer bodice.

Dawn