I am a friend of Corynne Weigle who designs these patterns.

years ago I started making things from it..in fact i became my standard.A few
things to remember when you fit this pattern..she DOES say in the instructions
to cut a sloper and fit it..I believe she also mentions the difference between
period fit and modernday fit. this pattern has no darts and does not require a
corset however you do need to interline the bodice so that when you lace it up
it will contain you properly ..I have also found that as a heavy chested
person..I get a much better fit if I use only the back or side lacing models
leaving the front structure in one piece for more support.
  Happy sewing..I have made this pattern in everything from linen for a summer
festival...to heavy damask with enough pearls and couching on the sleeves to
sink a battle ship and have loved every single one of them.
  Bambi

Joan Jurancich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  At 02:20 PM 1/6/2008, you wrote:
>I've just found a sizing chart for this pattern online, but am still to test
>it out.
>http://www.bymichelle.com/renpatternsize.html
>Regards, Aylwen
>
>On Jan 7, 2008 8:00 AM, Dawn wrote:
>
> > For those of you who have used this pattern, how does the sizing
> > run?(Large, small?) And for that matter, how do you figure out what
> > size you are? I'm not seeing it in the instructions. I hesitate to
> > assume what they say is a 10 will fit me.
> >

> > Dawn

The best way to check for sizing is to actually measure the pattern
pieces (seam line to seam line) and compare them to your own
measurements. As I recall (from many years ago), Period Patterns was
not very good with sizing. I gave up using them for Elizabethan
gowns. Until Margo developed her line of patterns, I had to have
mine drafted by friends.

Joan Jurancich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL

I am made for great things by GOD
and walk with Pride!!!!
Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 900ad
(please correct me if i have the date wrong!)