On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Why not simply convert:
>
>   uniconv --encode ISO-8859-1 |iconv --decode ISO-8859-8

Thanks, guys.

But anything that's not built into the browser is too much work,
when all I want is to find out whether a web page is relevant.
And asking that browser developers should support "windows-1255
misinterpreted as Latin-1 and reencoded in UTF-8" is a bit too
much.

One could use Tzafrir's idea if a browser allowed you to pipe
a particular page through a shell command and redisplay it
immediately. Do you know of a browser that allows this?

Otherwise, mental translation is the only practical solution,
unfortunately.

Avoid monsters! -Ron.