Very happy with Verizon DSL here. Can't wait for FIOS though. :)

AMDSpeed wrote:
I've had nothing but great service with Verizon DSL at my place in Queens
NYC. My girlfriend just switched over from Comcast in Pittsburgh to Verizon
DSL. Sorry, but Comcast blows chunks. Wouldn't allow any aftermarket router
to be used, shoddy service. I've been using Verizon for over 3 years now in
Queens and have had to reset the modem maybe once a year. I just switched to
the $15/month plan and the speed is quite acceptable. Only while downloading
large files such as MS updates or large files do you notice it, but it seems
the rest of the internet is slow enough that my connection is usually not
the bottleneck. I'm currently using Optimum Online and its great except the
$$$ so I'll be switching her also.

You'll need to use their software to setup the modem and initialize your
account, but afterwards, you don't need any extra software to access the
internet.