Hayes - agree on the live chat. I will say Sun and IBM have been great to work
with in many of the environs I'm in

CW

From: "Hayes Elkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:51:37
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Dell Laptop Batteries

When anybody asks about what computer to buy, I just tell them to price out
the cheapest dell possible and then tac on the three year in home service
warranty. Desktops are all the same commodity crap from taiwan, it's the
service that you want. Not sure what strides HP has made with their retail
store brand of desktops, but for a while nothing touched Dell.

As far as servers go (which are about as commoditized as desktops at this
point) I still go with Dell as the support champ, well gold support at
least. Technicians generally know their stuff and you are talking to
somebody in the country without a thick accent. I do however like how HP now
uses live chat support to mask their thick-accented outsourcing. As I said
before, I think Indian support staff generally have better typed grammar
than most americans, lol.