Its nice to give them credit for an effort to fix it. Nicer if they hadn't
broke it in the first place :)

From: Ben Ruset <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:01:16
To:The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] Dell Laptop Batteries

I lump Acer in with the whitebox category.

Since when has making a product affordable been a bad thing?

They have used a variety of tactics to lower the price of their gear.
They have mastered keeping a minimum amount of inventory on hand to
operate. They have very low overhead compared to a lot of other vendors
who operate stores, etc.

They have skimped on support. According to Dell they're addressing that
problem. It's rare for a company to come out and say "we suck and we're
trying to fix it" which to me is pretty refreshing.