WD36 is about the highest fail rate drive I know of.  About 1 in 4 dies in the
first few days for us. :(

From: "Hayes Elkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:10:50
To:hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Seagate drive died

Tons of WD raptors DOA here, but none have failed on me (36, 74 or 150GB)
once they spun up.

The only consistency in the hardware industry is inconsistency.

>From: Sam Franc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
>Subject: Re: [H] Seagate drive died
>Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:30:13 -0700
>
>We sure have varying experiences with HDs.
>I have had a lot of WDs fail on me too, along with Maxtors.
>Fate does not seem to be kind.
>Sam
>
>Scott Sipe wrote:
>>Well, my seagate 7200.10 320gb perpendicular drive died after 7-8 months
>>of usage.
>>
>>No warning signs, no temperature issues (surrounded by fans), not moved
>>around, it just happened when rebooting after installing some windows
>>updates. Drive emits what sounds like a beeping noise. Fortunately most of
>>the important stuff is backed up, but still lost a good bit.
>>
>>Very disappointed--haven't had a drive fail that fast in a long time.
>>Googling around it seems like a lot of people are running into dying
>>seagates that make a beeping like noise.
>>
>>Big thumbs down and back to WD for me..
>>
>>Scott

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507