Ding ding, we have a winner!

That's why I buy my drives in retail packaging now. If I do buy an OEM
drive, it is from ZZF, where they actually do a good job of protecting a
drive with their custom foam box approach. I'll never, ever buy an OEM drive
from Newegg after receiving several with their cheap-ass big bubble wrap in
one layer, with all bubbles popped.

Frankly, I'm not too impressed with Newegg at all anymore...cheesy, cheap
packing materials coupled with insane price gouging on new technology
items...it's only their quick order turnaround and relatively good
general-purpose selection that I use them at all anymore.

Greg