Oh, I know, and all my copies of XP are slipstreamed, but this was a re-install on a Presario from the image on the D:\ hidden partition, so I had to start with XP SP2. :)

No OS is perfect, but I guess my only real point is that I am surprised by how little I miss XP and Vista for normal day to day computing..

Games are another matter entirely..  :)

On Jun 28, 2008, at 4:47 PM, maccrawj wrote:

> "Everything just works" should be their motto...

"Until it doesn't and frakk all if you know why"
"Until we move on & drop legacy support"
"Unless you want to choose your own hardware"

LOL, I see a real frakked future repeating the mistakes of the True Blue IBM PC days if we keep drinking Jobs' Kool-Aid! Now give me OSX for any PC & I'll mix a bit of Vodka in that Kool-Aid right away...

Slipstreamed SP3 & something like autopatcher would have lowered that time significantly. Unbundled software would be an issue no matter the platform though there are ways create unattended software installs for 3rd party apps.