No need to change OS just to do this, though USB is supported by everything newer than Win98. If you install SATA controller, you can patch that out the back to eSATA which the enclosure also supports. USB2 just means you have options if need arises to plug into a non-SATA system.

Further, these enclosures are the removable bay type so you could go with less space but more drives & multiple trays. GB/$ wise HDD's are 1/2 the price of quality 4.35GB DVD-R's

Looking forward to day when blueray is on par with DVD or better yet HDD cost per GB & drives are cheap.

DHSinclair wrote:
Thank you J.,
I will now go look at this.
Like Seagate.
But J.
I still have not moved fully to WXP................(oh, bad me!)
I still wonder about USB. If this is your prescription, fine.
It will take some time for me to get to some XP basline.
I will look more into this.
"Why should I upgrade a working LAN client's OS to WXP just because it now runs w2K?"
Personally, I do not care what the server's OS ends up at!!!!!!!
I am willing to migrate............... :)
Yes, I am still multi-tasking the current hd failure.
Perhaps bad. I am very thick-headed!
But, at my LAN, I feel I need to evaluate more options.
Thank you,
Duncan