Rivaaj Jumna wrote:
Hi

This may be a bit off topic but what does a harmony developers desktop look
like? My reason for asking is that I've been groomed on developing using an
ide in the windows environemnt, Visual Studio 6.0 and the like.

What sort of tools would one use on a Linux environment, eclipse cdt
perhaps? I'm not afraid of command lines, :-) but they're a barrier to entry
for someone like myself who would just like to explore the code base.

Regards
Rivaaj

Grab "cygwin" and install a bash shell for windows, the GCC compiler, automake, make and vi. Do not install emacs because it has a speech impediment.

There is a certain bias I have that tends to think that visual programmers do not tend to be able to write compilers and the such. If command lines are a barrier to entry, wait till you meet hexcodes and relocatable memory addressing. However that may just be that I'm a command line junkie and a bit of a techno-bigot.

-Andy