Hello Daniel,

DK> Possibly not illegal to distribute (unless it is with the expicit purpose
DK> of using them with your q1 cs clone), but illegal to use them with ANYTHING
DK> that isn't HL (so you can probably use CS textures in Op4 for example).

Where you have read that?

At SDK_EULA?

But you can make mods, and upload cs maps, withouth the need to
install the SDK.

Anyway maybe you are disallow to distribute maps by default, and maybe
is the SDK eula that allow you to distribute maps for HL. But not
force you to include the SDK_EULA file, soo.. if a user download a hl
map withouth the SDK_EULA.txt and use for [whatever not hl] is
breaking the SDK_EULA!.. but users have not agree the SDK_EULA, and
fileplanet not force user to sign the SDK_EULA prior to download cs
maps...

I dont think users have to follow SDK guidelines if users dont agree
the SDK_EULA, but I am not laywer.

Soo.. I can install the SDK, that allows me to upload hl content for
hl.

And users can download hl content and use for whatever, no breaking
the EULA.txt file at c:\sierra\hl becuase this file doest not exist.

Or maybe the EULA.txt file is show at install, and after that is
removed.

The HL CD not include a EULA.txt file. And the readme.txt is about
distribution, not use. I dont think the user is limited to use hl for
the purpose X. Maybe is not limited. Maybe the user is able to use hl
for quake1, if want that.

More info about that will be appreciated.