First off, for me; with developer 1 set, i always see _one_ entry at the
top of the screen in the notify area.
and death messages have always worked (you know, the icons that show x
killed y with whatever gun).
they don't rely on notify at all. sure the text message doesn't show up
on-screen, but why does it _need_ to show up onscreen when the icons are
there? i mean, seriously.

-omega
--
Blackened Interactive - http://www.blackened-interactive.com
FLF:Defiance - http://www.frontline2.com

Sniper wrote:

It matters because it works in WON, and works when developer 1 is enabled in
Steam.
TFC also apparently has lost its death messages in Steam.

That doesn't help at all Omega, and printnotify does work just great. I see
absolutely no reason why Valve felt like disabling it just for the hell of
it if Developer 1 isn't set.

It was also never documented publicly as being "removed" -- that is
frustrating in itself.

-Sniper