----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason O. Washburn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:58 AM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Voice causes high ping

Amen Brother:-)

Jason

Oh you are running under an emulatiom.I'm not sure about TFC but when I
tried linux with wine while playing TFC I had those same spikes.When I
looked at the computer HD accesses and cpu threading(probably not the right
term but I'm tired sorry) I noticed that everything would tax out on the
sound changes or events.That was on an Athlon 64 4000+ with 1 gig of ram,no
slow machine by any standard .

Now obviosuly everyones computer setups are different even with the same
cpu's ect but, I have heard of people running it with no issues what so
ever. I would try what was suggested and run it native in XP and see if the
same issues persist. If it doesn't it may be time to try a different linux
or emulator setup. But as bad as I know you don't wanna hear it I think it
may be your setup. Have you tried recompiling the kernal with different
options? Maybe the 1000 kernal everyone is doing for servers? Or maybe a
different setup for sound ect? I dunno just a suggestion.

-BeNt-
http://www.gorillazsouth.com