The alias command, however there's no chance on valve unlocking that
due to it's potentially unsafe nature. This is why it was ideal to have the
end user be able to choose.

There's a huge difference between enforcing a certain cvar and policing
every certain cvar at an interval. Not only in safety, also in efficiency
and
performance. On top of that, it's entirely impossible to do anything at all
about concommands. So things like "spike" or snd_restart will be
impossible to do anything against.