From: "Whisper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Source Dedicated Server Beta Update

This is my understanding of the problem

An unsavoury Server Adminsitrator could in theory, whitelist certain
textures as allowable, whilst still giving the apperance of being a pure
server. When server admin or players who are aware of changes to the
whitelist know this and other players do not, then changes in textures can
be used to the advantage of 1 side and disadvantage of the other.

sv_pure 2 is the quick fix, but at this stage I have not been made aware
of
the implications of sv_pure 2 + custom maps, i.e. de_season which is a
very
popular league/ladder map now as well as a few others.

On 5/16/07, James Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is true, it would have to be restrictive.. I'm not sure how it
would work. Perhaps it is best it be left untampered.

On 5/15/07, Keeper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As a plugin maker, I request this not be "touchable" by us.  The idea
> of
> sv_pure would totally be useless if people such as myself were able to
> "adjust" some of the pure settings.  Some would argue that sv_pure 2
would
> completely disable any interface for the plugins all together.
>
> I also think it would be a good idea if the pure server would show up
> in
the