Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald wrote:
> "I would thank you to keep this civil and not put words in my mouth. I
> merely pointed out a possible flaw in your logic on this."
>
> Well, if the tabs system is advanced, there probably won't be custom servers
> to go to in 6 months.

There will always be custom servers as long as there are players who
want it.

I hereby make this promise. If, in 6 months, there is no more custom
servers, I'll put my own up out of my own pocket. As many as needed to
meet the demand.

and I accept your apology. :)

> I want players who want custom servers, to be able to find me.

That is fair.

> I want players who want standard servers, to be able to filter me out.
> - We don't want these players! They just disconnect anyway!

So is this.

> I want players who do not care, to be able to see my server and make a
> decision based on the tags my server has on it.

That is fair as well. What you are missing however is that they CAN see
it. Just not in the default list.

It's fair for valve to ask that indifferent players play their first
game on vanilla servers. It's also fair to set the default to vanilla as
well (better base of players to balance maps and such).

> That's all we want.

That is fair and reasonable. All the points are already given to you.

> "So what's to stop you (or someone else) from constantly hitting refresh on
> either side to artificially increase the "score"? If you doubt that someone
> would do this, look at the game "Progress Quest" "
>
> I have made the page show query spammers. These are usually
> game-monitor/gamespy/myspace (wtf?!) If I see a single IP with hundreds of
> queries and it's a player who is trying to stain the stats I can remove
> them.

Ok. So by hand, you do this? What is your standard for determining if
someone is doing this?

> "What time of the day was this taken? What was the date? I suspect if it was
> 4am on easter night... You may have a point. :)"
>
> 2PM EST

What day? I would assume Easter Sunday at 2pm is different then ..
well.. today in 1 and a half hour. :)