:facepalm:

You don't fail because of other busy communities, you fail because you
don't offer anything different to the 20,000 other servers out there,
legit or otherwise.  If you have a niche (that's not being a scumbag
running cracked servers), exploit it.

Otherwise, make a website, get your mates to join it, play loads, admin
in a fair and reasonable manner (I seriously doubt you're capable of
this, as I expect will be proved by the diatribe in your reply to me)
and you'll get regular players, and from that a community will grow.

Carry on as you are, and you'll just get laughed at.