Mike, what region are you in?  We are in sv_region 3 (Europe) and, while our
servers were empty just after the last update (all of Friday) they picked up
again on Saturday morning as normal:

http://www.127001.org/mrtg/graph_93.html (The decrease in peak usage in the
past couple of weeks is because we decreased the number of servers from 12
to 8 because of other activity on the box)

Also, to reply to Richard Eid:

"Left 4 Dead players are now going to official servers by default."

What do you mean, "now"?  They always _did_ choose to go to official servers
first, there's a thread in the forums about it.  There's just the ability to
turn this off now.