I have a problem with community-created banlists, and their adoption by
server owners (i.e Sourcebans). For example, for my short duration on
these lists I have seen entire groups, associated groups and their
members banned due to the wrong-doings of one person. Not only this, but
some of those bans have been on the basis of misconduct, not neccesarily
cheating or hacking. But again that goes back to my point of server
owners being allowed to do their own thing.

Of course if this method of blanket-banning becomes popular, then that
will mean there is a possibility that those who have been banned
incorrectly (for just "being" in a targeted group, associated with, or
have had their account stolent, e.t.c) would find less and less servers
that they can play on. It's not a great idea.

I believe a better system is a readily-accessibly, ingame (or website
based for gaming communities) user-content driven ban system, such as a
method to integrate an ingame chat trigger that could send a Steam chat
request to a specified SteamID or ChatID (which is provided for in the
Steam SDK and it's steam:// protocol), or a simple webform that players
can use via the Steam WEB window, or add a review request to a queue or
something similar for review. That way, when cheating/misconduct is
experienced on a particular server, the administrator could then add the
relevant details to a banlist, which would apply to their own servers,
instead of unneccesarily blanket-banning.

I believe admins should be more responsible for their own servers,
instead of relying on a community-driven system that can be abused.