Sad that they respond to mails but pretty much ignoring this mailing list of the affecting parties (and people who hate community servers with a passion).

But what about following quickfix which may help both parties:
I know Valve wants new players to have an good impression on the core experience of TF2. So why not restrict quickplay players who have less than 50 hours on TF2 to Valve servers (without the option). On more than 50 hours, it shows the enabled "Include Community Servers" and they get distributed with the old system until Valve has a fix for it.

ED-E