I don't see any reason why someone needs to be a non-server op to represent the interests of server ops. The idea is to pick decent representatives that are server ops, and are willing to represent a consensus, with the added experience and expertise they have to properly recognize and understand point of views. The politics analogy isn't misplaced. You don't have a member of another party representing the other. Why? Conflict of interest. (How absurd I know)
Maybe pick one non op and 5 server ops. It's still ridiculous.