> Also, my main problem with this idea stems from other groups out there
> that do things that I would call "not Valve-friendly". We have groups out
> there using fake unusual hat plugins still to this day (TitanTF, Skial,
> there was a third big one I can't remember).

Hello 404 user not found.

The only thing we do is attach particles to hats, we do not give out real
hats. It was not illegal for years up until the quickplay rule came out
much later and we promptly disabled the plugin on those servers. I feel it
is fair for us to be able to use some game assets in this manner as there
is not really much else players will pay for without going pay2win,
especially when you are hosting vanilla servers. But if there was a change
made by Valve to benefit community servers with the requirement that the
plugin be disabled, we would have no problem doing so.

This is also a funny complaint from someone that is also selling unusuals
as a donator feature.

It is really sad that you can't stop holding a grudge for being banned for
racism 7 years ago for a single day and then complaining that we were being
greedy because you were able to pay for your own server with your welfare
check. So much so, that you continue to trash talk us all this time every
chance you get on every major forum related to tf2.

------

Anyway back to community servers in general. Community servers are hurting
in so many ways that a single solution short of bringing back quickplay
isn't going to stop the current collapse.

1) The GUI could be vastly improved. There are some lessons to be learned
from Overwatch. https://i.imgur.com/7yURDHc.png Notice how each game mode
is equally visible, while in TF2 there is a clear bias towards the game
mode at the top given how small the menu is. There's also no need for
Training and Create Server to be in the same list either which probably
hardly ever get used.

2) There needs to be some kind of quickplay system for community servers.
People are too conditioned to being able to play in 1 click for too long
that a browser cannot compete anymore.

3) Every contract that comes out causes major damage. It would be simple to
create a few contracts that can only be done on community servers, perhaps
giving a smaller reward if Valve is worried about abuse. Even if the
rewards weren't as large, it would help make more new players aware. When
the casual servers were down in the first 2 days of the patch, we had a lot
of players that said they never knew community servers even existed due to
problem #1.

That's all the suggestions I have that have not been mentioned and ignored
in the past.