I had this as well, except it wasn't just the players moving faster...
the round timers and everything were running at high speed.

I also had to set RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 0 in the login script for the
user the servers ran as.

My current server doesn't appear to have this problem, though, so it
has RDTSC_FREQUENCY on... but it also only runs 2 TF2 servers and an
nginx install that just serves static files (replays).

Ross Bemrose