Hi Owen,

I have run into a few problems while runnings throught the examples. I
just encountered this problem when running through Chapter 3, Tutorial
2+
---
undefined method `alias_method_chain_on_include' for #<Class:
0x3adc214>

Extracted source (around line #34):

31:  <old-messagex merge>
32:   <msg2: param>Message 2 Extended</msg2:>
33:  </old-messagex>
34: </extend>
---

I simply copied this from the book into the top of front/index.dryml:

<def tag="messagex">
<br/><br/>
 <ul>
  <li param="msg1">Message 1</li>
  <li param="msg2">Message 2</li>
  <li param="msg3">Message 3</li>
 </ul>
</def>

<extend tag="messagex">
 <old-messagex merge>
  <msg2: param>Message 2 Extended</msg2:>
 </old-messagex>
</extend>

<page title="Home">
...
  <messagex/>
</page>

--

I wonder if there's a recent Hobo release with a few bug fixes I might
have missed (my Hobo is 0.8.8 from a month ago or so).

Thanks for the effort going into the book. I wish there were some more
info on creating custom DRYML taglibs, including using set-scoped and
similar techniques for my advanced scenarios, such as using DRYML
outside of generating HTML (such as generating javascript, json or
xml...).

- Kris


On Sep 4, 9:27 pm, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://barquinagility.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/now-24-tutorials-in-ou...
>
> This is still beta and needs edits, but we've come pretty far.    I'll
> keep a link on Wordpress until Tom can load to
> ccokbook.hobocentral.net..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Owen
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to