Kristian, can you verify which version of the book you have so I can
check?  The latest is:

http://barquinagility.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rapid_rails_with_hobo-draft-2009-09-04-3.pdf

Page 57 has Step 5, Tutorial 5...

Page 73 - Tutorial 8 - Model Relationships II


Thanks,

Owen

On Sep 14, 10:25 am, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Kristian wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hi Owen,
>
> > I have run into a few problems while runnings throught the examples. I
> > just encountered this problem when running through Chapter 3, Tutorial
> > 2+
> > ---
> > undefined method `alias_method_chain_on_include' for #<Class:
> > 0x3adc214>
>
> > Extracted source (around line #34):
>
> > 31:  <old-messagex merge>
> > 32:   <msg2: param>Message 2 Extended</msg2:>
> > 33:  </old-messagex>
> > 34: </extend>
> > ---
>
> Somebody ran across this a while back - something to do with  
> defining / extending tags in view DRYML files rather than in taglibs.  
> I don't recall there being a solution, other than to move the  
> definitions to app/views/taglibs/application.dryml or similar.
>
> > I wonder if there's a recent Hobo release with a few bug fixes I might
> > have missed (my Hobo is 0.8.8 from a month ago or so).
>
> Edge Hobo (from Github) is something to look into; there's a guide on  
> getting started with it on hobocentral.
>
> > Thanks for the effort going into the book. I wish there were some more
> > info on creating custom DRYML taglibs, including using set-scoped and
> > similar techniques for my advanced scenarios, such as using DRYML
> > outside of generating HTML (such as generating javascript, json or
> > xml...).
>
> If it makes you feel any better, I think you're the first one to try  
> getting DRYML to talk non-HTML formats. In that light, things are  
> going great!
>
> --Matt Jones
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to