Regarding the "Siegfried", you are at the wrong way. A 5´5" man. No
matter how he will sing the role, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALL factors must
play TOGETHER. If the singer of Tosca is an old ugly & fat lady, it
doesn´t matter how she sing & how she can endure the big & bowling
laughter after she sang "I dedicated my life to beauty only ....", or in
"Magic Flute":
Imagine Tamino singing "This picture is so beautiful ..." (holding
Taminas portrait in his hands, when the audience already had seen the
elephant-like soprano ..... The piece would be ruined at once.

Really, it is not a matter of "COURAGE ENDURING THE LAUGHTER", really.

Fortunately, things for the horn player are not that severe. General
physic conditions & beauty are not inflecting the playing in general.
But irregularities in the mouth area do it,  no matter what kind of
arguments might come up again.

And if you read my letter again & again, if you try to understand that,
you would easily find out, that I do not oppose to any player with
irregularities there, except pointing to the fact, that their
possibilities are limited.

My warnings go in that direction, that the teachers should act more
responsible & point their students to their "defects" or
"irregularities" as future obstacles, if they tend to make a living of
playing the horn. And these warnings are not valid for the horn only,
but for all instruments, for many occupations.

And , please, there are many other countries in the world than the USA.
You are not the only nation, but all others are "third world".