congratulations to everybody who has contributed to the 0.7.0 release.

Bruno Postle wrote:
> for Windows somebody (not me)
> needs to create an installer - See Yuval's email, subject: "Misc
> release stuff".

to repeat again: the instructions and the code for the installer are in
SVN. I'll be happy to coach whoever steps in. If nobody steps in I infer
that the need is not important enough.

As far as I am concerned, my need is to progres on 0.7.1.

- I have updated the Windows SDK to build gsoc2008_integration branch.
It will be published when the gsoc2008_integration branch will become
the new trunk.
- for this, the gsoc2008_integration branch need first be updated with
the fixes that have gone into trunk since branching
- Tim is working to solve a bug with OSX before integrating Celeste into
gsoc2008_integration
- IMO it is too early for Fahim's and Onur's projects, so once Tim has
integrated Celeste I propose that we release the gsoc_integration branch
as 0.7.1 beta 1. It would be neat if we can pull this together as a
Christmas present.

an area that IMO is very important and requires attention is
*documentation* of the code. We need a similar effort like the one we
did last year with the documentation of the build, so that future
contributors (e.g. participants to the next Summer of Code) can get
quickly into the code. Something like a top down approach, from a simple
description of the repository and its different folders, down to a file
level and a class level, with and with the architetural decisions
documented as well.

thoughts?
Yuv