PS  having generated control points with an earlier version of Hugin I
was able to save the project file and  then open it in the current,
released version.  It then performed a stitch as expected producing a
resulting file that I was happy with.    However ... it ended the
stitching process with a pop-up that said:

  Error during Stitching
    Error during Stitching
  Please report the complere text to the bug tracker on
http://sf.net/projects/hugin.

all the best

George