Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while, and this is my first post.

I frequently do large panoramas with 50 to 150 or more images - see
www.manassasconsulting.com for sample images most of which were
completed with hugin.

The idea of CP pair matching with prior knowledge of the image order
and overlap would be of tremendous value to me.  There is of course
more than one way to skin a cat.  There are at least two ways I can
think or about approaching the problem or reducing pair matching
search and processing time.  In addition to loading  the photos in a
sort of viewable checkerboard grid where the number of rows and
columns are specified such as seen in the gigapan.org stitcher (I can
post a screen dump if needed)  we can also generate prior knowledge by
using sub projects where we choose what photos are loaded in each sub
project.  So, there is the possibility of running multiple sub
projects and merging them.  For example, the idea of loading each
column of photos as a subproject, processing sub projects and then
merging would also reduce processing time.  As I understand it there
are command line tools for merging multiple projects so this might be
an option to pursue as well.

I haven't done much progamming since I was working basic in binary
with dip switches on a Digital PDP8 except for a bit of java and ajax
here and there.  However I would be happy and willing to engage in
assisting others who want to work on this issue by helping to define
needs, features, testing, etc...  I am comfortable with terminal and
command line language.

Battle