I second the interest if not the programming skills.

I'm approximating a fairly uniform spherical shot-pattern manually
[usually ~48 shots] with a panosaurus head, and have been trying out
different P&S cameras.

The majority of my time making these is spent manually CP tuning to
compensate for a lack of lens calibration profiles.  Having even an
approximately template to start from might cut some of the time
accurate CP matching takes.

But alas, I am merely a user.