On Mon 30-Nov-2009 at 03:09 -0800, dex Otaku wrote:

>I'm approximating a fairly uniform spherical shot-pattern manually
>[usually ~48 shots] with a panosaurus head, and have been trying out
>different P&S cameras.
>
>The majority of my time making these is spent manually CP tuning to
>compensate for a lack of lens calibration profiles.  Having even an
>approximately template to start from might cut some of the time
>accurate CP matching takes.

Hugin has a lot of this already, i.e. you can save a lens profile
and reuse it in another project, so next time around you only have
to optimise positions.  You can also reuse any project as a
template, so if you often shot panoramas with shots in the same
relative positions these positions don't need to be recreated each
time.

There are lots of things that could be improved: The lens profile
saving/loading needs to switch to using the lensfun library and
database, and maybe there should be a default location to save and
load templates that is separate from the current project directory.

--
Bruno