On 6 Feb., 13:01, "T. Modes" <thomas.mo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
> maybe for your use case mercurial queue extention would be a better
> alternative instead of fiddling with mercurial commits. So your
> changes live in the mercurial queue and you can normal pull the
> current state from the main repo.

hmm... I looked into the documetation for queue extensions and it
seems much more involved than what I do now. I think I'll keep on
doing the commit-export routine. But thanks for the tip, maybe later
on it'll turn useful. It looks to me as if your end it wouldn't make a
difference how I arrived at the patch I put online - you'd still have
to import it and do a merge if someone else has also done changes in
the meantime.

> Concerning line endings: The unix line endings are preferend. But
> there are several files in the repo which are using windows line
> endings.

which files would be the ones with Windows endings? Because I don't
wast to step on anyones toes. Maybe there is a way to tell Mercurial
to just ignore white space? If you make patches with diff, you can
tell it to do just that. But of course it would be cleaner to have a
project-wide policy to just use UNIX newlines, as Lukáš Jirkovský has
said is the case anyway.

Kay