On May 6, 4:11 am, "T. Modes" <thomas.mo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > >I tried building your gui_overhaul branch but it failed.
>
> > >[ 82%] Building CXX object src/hugin1/hugin/CMakeFiles/hugin.dir/
> > >PanoPanel.cpp.o
> > >/media/Linux_Data/Programs_CB10/Hugin/src/hugin/hugin_gui_overhaul/src/
> > >hugin1/hugin/ImagesPanel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
> > >ImagesPanel::panoramaChanged(PT::Panorama&)’:
> > >/media/Linux_Data/Programs_CB10/Hugin/src/hugin/hugin_gui_overhaul/src/
> > >hugin1/hugin/ImagesPanel.cpp:192: error: cast from ‘void*’ to ‘int’
> > >loses precision
>
> > I see the same error on fedora f16, this is with gcc-4.6.3.
>
> Thats strange. I tested on f15, there it works. Now I installed f16,
> and also here it works.
>
> Nevertheless I modified the code and committed (works here on Windows
> and f16). I hope, it compiles now also for you.
>
> Thomas

Thanks it builds now though it crashes if you change the user
experience level without any images loaded.

hugin: /media/Linux_Data/Programs_CB10/Hugin/src/hugin/
hugin_gui_overhaul/src/hugin_base/panodata/Panorama.h:211: virtual
const HuginBase::SrcPanoImage& HuginBase::Panorama::getImage(size_t)
const: Assertion `nr < state.images.size()' failed.
Aborted

There also appears to be no difference between the beginner, advanced,
and expert settings except on the optimizer tab which shows the X, Y,
and Z columns under advanced and expert but not beginner.
The optimizer and exposure tabs are not hidden in beginner, advanced,
or expert mode.
The optimizer tab is much harder to use now since there is no way to
activate an entire column with one click, same for the exposure tab.
The user must click the box for every image in a column they want to
activate or deactivate, there was a button to do this before.
You moved to optimizer master switches to the images tab but they are
nearly unusable there since the user can not see what effect the
different settings have without changing to the optimizer tab.
You moved to exposure master switches to the images tab but they are
nearly unusable there since the user can not see what effect the
different settings have without changing to the exposure tab.
If you want to put the the master switches on the images tab please
leave them on the other tabs, your layout is much more compact than
the old one, they do not take up much room, and you only want advanced
users to see these tabs anyway.
When you removed the lenses tab you did not move all of its
functionality to the images tab as you said.

    Also the lens tab was removed. The functions moved to the images
tab.

There is no way there to set the lens parameters that were previously
found on the lens tab on the images tab.
I found this was actually moved to the optimizer tab but the columns
are only labeled with a single letter and not the actual variable
names as they were before.